Tweet

Monday, May 13, 2013

All These Drunk Weeks Are Making Me Beer (With music update)

----Quick Music Update for the Big Belgain Beer Bash: Back Alley will have a reggae band called Shamani. If you know me you know I effs with reggae and there's not much in Albuquerque, so I'm hype for this. ----

Yeah, that's right. I ain't been on here for a minute. I know. You ain't gotta tell me. I can read my own posts and dates and all that. But I have a good excuse which is "Fuck you!"

Nah, but for real, a week of writing about beer and drinking a ton of the liquid gold for Albuquerque Beer Week wiped me out. After the Blues and Brews Festival, which saw me trying around 50 different brewkowskis in a four hour time frame, I think my body assumed that like three months of drinking had just taken place and assumed I hadn't slept that whole time and knocked me out like some Nyquil. Yup. Woke up with my clothes on, baby going ninja kicking me in the face as she woke up right next to me.

Anyways, I survived the week, took a week off and now we got American Craft Beer Week? WTF? More drinking? Well, unfortunately for everyone except my homie Liver, apparently New Mexico's brewers ain't get the memo. The only ACBW events I see for the week are up in Santa Fe at Blue Corn Brewery. They got a few good beers up there, but I'ma have to pass.

HOWEVER, Back Alley Draft House, aka possible ROOKIE-OF-THE-YEAR on the Albuquerque beer scene is having a nice little event on Friday called the Big Belgian Beer Bash. If you recall, or by reading here, I visited them two weeks ago for the Tower of Sour tasting with different sours on tap. For like six bucks I got to sample four sours and then for $4 more I got my favorite in a goblet. Shit was a steal though.

I suspect this Big Belgian thing (no Jason Collins) gonna be on par, plus they supposed to be pairing with some local chef for some Belgian eats including the frites and all that. Maybe a Belgian waffle just to be really stereotypical. Personally, I think we need more bashes like this cuz right now St. Patty's Day and Cinco de Mayo got a stranglehold on that whole let's-degrade-an-entire-culture-and-use-it-as-an-excuse-to-get-wasted-and-fight-the-cops-andpuke-in-the-streets shit show. I'd actually like to see a day where we all pretend were Aussies and drink that Foster's piss, wrestle alligators, get bit by snakes and yell "Krikey" at each other the whole day. Who's down? OH, AND FYI-I'M NOT A FRAT BOY, NEVER VIOLATED A FRAT BROTHER'S REAR, I just have an affinity for ignorant celebrations that involve alcohol. Got that?








I'm not going to write all the details for the Belgian Beer Bash as my homies over at Yelp got that covered. If you're interested, visit Yelp's Big Belgian Beer Bash page HERE.

I should be there and hopefully there'll be some of that really trashy techno music that Belgians love so we can all really act a fool. Of course, I don't know what Belgians really listen to or how they dance, but I imagine they not effing with this dude (he the nicest):







Until next time, mamasushis.

No comments :

Post a Comment