Tweet

Friday, May 3, 2013

What day is it? ABQ Beer Week Day I Have No Fucking Clue

Apparently I may have miscounted the days in previous blog posts. Blame it on the the brews, blame it on the Stone, blame it on the al-al-al-al-al-al-co-hol....

LAST NIGHT:
Yeah, cuz even though I ain't make it to no official events last night, that didn't stop me from drinking. I managed to sneak into Chama River Microbar right quick and kill a 10 oz. of the 505-2013. I really enjoy that beer. They need to bottle some of that up and sell it year round cuz this one or two weeks ain't enough for my cravings.

TODAY:
Today's got plenty of good events scattered around town...or should I say, tappings really, although there's one interesting event I'd go to if time permitted. That is:

The Dark Ages at Art Bar (Time: 9PM-1AM)- This event was put together by some local beer writers/drinkers, New Mexico Dark Side Brew Crew (link to their page and today's event here), along with Tractor. They are planning to have a cabaret show, beer trivia, and lots of good dark bees. I actually commend these dudes for the beer selection they cobbled together. Tractor's Oatmeal  and Chocolate Stouts, La Cumbre's Baltic Porter (I haven't tried this shit!), Il Vicino and Broken Bottle's Black IPAs, Marble's Stout Americano, and Bosque's Olde Bosky. Plus, word from these guys is they gonna have that Odell Lugene as well. I don't know if this will be on tap, but either way, shit is fire and this selection is cray. These cats really put in some work. I fucks with this. Entrance is ten bones, that's $10, and I assume you pay for beers as you go. Sounds like some shit you could get white girl wasted too with so many damn good beers to try from.

This is the event if you can make it, though I can't vouch for the performance or none of that. You know me, it's all about the beer, papa.

Boulder Beer Special Tapping Never Summer at Two Fools (Time: 5PM onwards)- Again, Two Fools putting in work with these special tappings you won't find elsewhere. On the low, I think Two Fools may be the sixth man of this Albuquerque Beer Week coming in in the clutch. This particular beer is a barrel-aged coconut, so it could be tasty.

This is definitely worth a quick visit to have a pint.

Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout at Billy's Long Bar (Time: 5PM onwards)- I missed this last Friday because I was too busy at Tower of Sour and catching that 505-2013, but I won't miss again. Because our state constantly gets fronted on, we can't get this beer in stores or on taps, but after someone begged and pleaded and gave some AbInBev rep a proverbial handjob, the cockface finally conceded us a pittance. Fuck those guys.

But yo, I've never been to Billy's, but I'm going out of my way to try this beer. The original Bourbon County was spectacular, so I expect the same of this. This will probably be stop numero uno today.

From there, I won't get into too much detail about the other events, but here are the basics, starting with where I'll go after Billy's.

First it's to Whole Foods on Carlisle to sample some Odell with cheese. Why? Cuz why the hell not. I can dip in and outta there in fifteen with tasty cheese bubbling around in my stomach washed down with some good beer.

Then to Jubilation for a Left Hand sampling. Why? Cuz it's Jubilation, son. I'll taste some good Left Hand then blow the half of my paycheck I didn't waste on strippers and cocaine.

Then I'll go home and recover and sober up cuz my boy's flying in and we've got lots of drinking to do. From the airport, I'll take him to Sister so we can enjoy that crazy lineup they have any day of the week, plus the Oskar Blues/La Cumbre "event." Dique they giving out swag. Blah, blah. I want beer.

Also, there's a bunch of events you SHOULDN'T CHECK OUT mostly because they involve some WACKASS PLACES like Imbibe. They having a Lagunitas tasting there and I love Lagunitas and this spot is right by my house and I could easily come after I hit Jubilation but all that should be evidence of how much this place blows balls. SO SKIP THIS SHIT.

Then Broken Bottle debuting some new beer aka probably some watered down fizz that you might mistake for a root beer or some shit except that that's an insult to root beer. So skip this shit.

Then of course you got all those pairings at Gecko's and O'Niell's and all that that been going on for a week now and ain't any more interesting now than they were day one. So whatever, whatever.

TOMORROW:
Ayo, tomorrow's Brews and Blues, or Blues and Brews, whatever it is, at Isleta Amphitheater. See ya there, mi gente.

No comments :

Post a Comment