Tweet

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cerveza y Queso at Marble

The information keeps coming in for Albuquerque Beer Week and I'm happy to pass it along to whomever.

Marble Brewery shared their menu for next week's beer and cheese pairing here.

I'm no expert on cheese but some of these look banging. You got goat and cow and sheep all in the mix. You ask me it's a recipe for a heavy night of farting and belching. Pretty awesome actually.

Of the beers, I've yet to try the Framboise though I was at Marble just yesterday and the 505-5, which doesn't come out until tomorrow night. For those that don't know, the 505-5 is a collaboration between a number of local breweries Marble, Nexus, La Cumbre, Il Vicino and Turtle Mountain. I moved to ABQ last year just as last year's version debuted and found it highly enjoyable. If my memory serves me, it was a beast of an IPA.

This year I'm hoping they tried something different as I often tire of the abundance of IPAs and Pale Ales (ahem, La Cumbre) debuting month to month at the local breweries. I'd love to see barleywine to be honest.

Anyways, I digressed majorly and will say the other offerings at the Beer and Cheese pairing are a mixed bag. I do enjoy the oatmeal stout for it's creamy, roasty, malt flavor and good drinkability, but I can't say the same for the Triple. This beer is why we all should bow down to the nicest of the Belgian brewers---Affligem immediately comes to mind with their outstanding Tripel--- , for their ability to create a perfectly balanced Belgian again and again. Marble's is heavy on the alcohol in the back end and doesn't quite mesh the wheatiness and malts to create a smooth, enjoyable beer. So yeah, I can't vouch for that shit.

Overall, this event seems cool but there's probably gonna be more pretentious Williamsburg transplants or aspirants than average Joe type motherfuckers that you'd actually wanna start a conversation with. Come Monday I'll give you my opinion on where you should really go that evening. And you will heed my advice.

No comments :

Post a Comment