Tweet

Thursday, April 25, 2013

That Albuquerque Beer Week Jump Off

Hitting you all off with the inaugural post for this beer-fueled venture. Today the Duke City, Albuquerque, begins its annual beer week. I'll be doing what I usually do, hitting bars and breweries trying to catch every last drop of liquid gold that I can and grow this beer belly, but I'd like to take it a step further. I want to bring the world to Albuquerque, both figuratively and physically (especially now with direct flights on JetBlue from the NY City), and show them our thriving beer culture.

So, expect some beer shots (as in pics, my people), discussions about my favorite beer haunts, and an interview section. Yeah, that's right, I intend to interview some folks. But others in this fair city have already got the brewers covered, so I'm unlikely to go there. Nah, my goal is to highlight some of the beer nuts that make this brewery town and state so special; those characters who week after week blow a portion of their checks at the city's various breweries and keep them in business.

Finally, beer is just one of my countless interests and I'll inevitably intersperse other seemingly random tidbits of media and culture into my posts because I can and nobody gon' say shet.

Beer is great and it's even better with music, so I leave you with a classic beer-related jawn from my college days .

Oh, and for some shots from yesterday's 5-year anniversary party at Marble Brewery check for me on Twitter and Instagram @albrewquerque .

No comments :

Post a Comment